The instructional video-clips available on this page show some aspects of the BHR hip surgery procedure.
Be aware that video-clips in red contain bloody images.
The video-clips are app. 1 to 2 minutes in length, and are available as streaming media at 400 kbps, or as downloadable image (avg. size 2 to 10 MB).
The first video presentation consist of the following clips:
- Introduction to Dr Koen De Smet
- A spinning BHR device
- Preparation and placement of the acetabulum component of a BHR
- Preparation and placement of a fumoral component of a BHR
- Hemi-to-BHR revision after 31 year
- Peep/creep noises
- Sawbone bone cutting BHR versus THR
- Sawbone normal anatomy of a hipjoint